User submitted information for the SystemLink 3:
To clear things up and make it simple, here is how to program the RCA Systemlink 3 remote:
****WITH DEVICE TURNED ON****
- Press and hold the "Code Search" button until the LED lights, then release. LED will stay light.
- Press and release the device key to be programmed. LED will go off when button is pressed and back on when released. LED remains on.
- Press and release the remote On/Off (power) button as many times as required to turn your device OFF.
- When device turns OFF, press and release the ENTER button.
Test remote on device, if ALL functions do not work, repeat above procedure.
Count how many times you press the On/Off button. If ALL funtions do not work and you need to repeat, you don't want to stop at the same non-working code. For instance, if it takes 23 times to turn your device off and after testing, the remote does not control all functions, repeat steps 1-3 BUT when the device turns off at the 23rd time, turn it back on using the power button ON THE ACTUAL DEVICE then continue with step 3 and 4 from above.
More user submitted informations for the SystemLink 3:
Thanks for the hints on your web site. For the RCA SystemLink 3 with the key pad, I could not get the sequences described to work. But they did point me in a direction which worked for my remote:
- With the TV on (for TV)
- Press and hold code search until the light stays on
- Press TV (for TV) button once
- Press the on/off button once
- Thereafter, the light will stay lit and every couple to three seconds it will blink twice indicating it is trying another code.
- When the TV turned off, I pressed enter. Thereafter the unit worked.