RCA SystemLINK Remote - Code Search Programming
Reported to work with models 3 and 4+ and maybe more.
- Make sure the device you are programming is turned off.
- Press and hold CODE SEARCH.
- Press and release TV, VCR, or CABLE corresponding to the device to be controlled. The indicator light will flash once to indicate the search is enabled.
- Release CODESEARCH.
- Press OFF/ON repeatedly until the device turns on.
- Press CHANNEL V (channel down) for verification. DO NOT press any other buttons at this time.
If the channel changes on the device, the code is valid. Press ENTER to
complete the search.
If the channel does not change, turn off the device (without attempting to use the remote). Then continue search by repeating steps 5-6. When all codes have been searched, the indicator light will flash twice and the remote will return to the normal mode.
More submitted programming info from Tom:
Thanks for your site. I did have some trouble with the instructions. "Press and hold CODE SEARCH until indicator light lights." On my remote this never happens!
However Pressing CODE SEARCH and TV (make sure TV is on at this point), release and then press ON/Off until TV turns off does work. Press enter after TV turns off. Same works for VCR.
Indicator light comes on as buttons are being pressed but never comes on in response to holding CODE SEARCH and does not flash after pressing TV, VCR or CABLE
Yet more submitted programming info from Robert:
Thanks for the hints on your web site. For the RCA SytemLink 3 with the key pad, I could not get the sequences described to work. But they did point me in a direction which worked for my remote:
With the TV off (for TV)
Press and hold code search unit the light stays on
Press TV (for TV) button once
Press the on/off button once
There after, the light will stay lit and every couple to three seconds, it will blink twice indicating it is trying another code. I could accelerate this by pressing the on/off button instead of waiting.
When the TV turned on, I pressed enter. Thereafter the unit worked. Note that if I pressed the channel down key instead of enter, the unit would turn the TV on and off, but not control the channel. Only pressing enter after the TV turned on would work.
Note that I found this worked for an old Zenith TV, a Samsung VCR, and a Yamaha+DVD.
Yet even more submitted programming info from Walt:
A variation from any of the 3 that you already have for RCA's Systemlink3 was the only one that worked for my 1986 Sony TV:
- With TV Off, hold down Code Search till red light comes on.
- Press On/Off button repeatedly until TV comes on
- Press TV button
- (Optional) Press channel up or down to verify that Channel changes
- Press Enter